Since we’re all listing so much these days I thought I would list my top five fast-food breakfasts. First, I’ll provide a little context. This morning I had to run to the grocery store first thing to pick up some lime jello. Let me back up even further. Sometime during the early morning hours of Friday Harry exploded. For two days he brought forth all manner of disgustingness. My parents, having invited us for dinner on Friday night, insisted that we still come over. “It’ll be fine!!!” (Famous last words.) As a result my mom and dad have been afflicted with the aforementioned disgustingness. So this morning my mom called and asked for lime jello. I went to the grocery store, bought some lime jello, and then drove through Burger King to bring home two sausage, egg and cheese croissants for $3.
Therefore, my top 5 fast-food breakfast items are:
1. McDonald’s Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuit. I’ve loved it from the first time I had one. One of the great positives of Gypsy Trip was the daily consumption of BE&C’s.
2. Chick-Fil-a’s Chicken Biscuit. Erika still hasn’t really gotten her mind around the idea of fried chicken in the morning. But I worked at Chick-Fil-a for 4 years and I always loved the food. That has to be a good sign.
3. Burger King’s Bacon, Egg and Cheese Croissant. Mike Escen got me into these when we would go play gold together. Great flavor and currently a great price.
4. Those new McDonald’s cinnamon buns. Wow.
5. The McDonald’s McGriddle. Shockingly delicious combination of sweet and salty. This one probably tops Erika’s list and I have to say they’re growing on me as evidenced by the jump into the top 5.
Important: Note the absence of Wendy’s on this list. In spite of my profound love for Wendy’s at lunch I have yet to find an acceptable breakfast item.